I have been blessed with a sweet homecoming and few days home. I love seeing, hearing, hugging my littles. I am kind of, ok really a part-part time mom. Not gonna lie, I am enjoying it. I physically can’t expend more than 9 calories a day, so my options are sitting, restroom, sitting, sitting or my 20 minute walk 3 times a day. Which aren’t really happening. I can get sloppy kisses and hugs from my squirts, laugh at the dramatic tantrums, and not be accountable for feeding one person, let alone cleaning up the kitchen hurricane that takes place after meals. I will openly complain to anyone who will listen that sleeping upright and being upright 24/7 is tortuous. Almost to the degree of watching english drama’s. (wink, wink Chad). I still smell like I came out the 1800’s and no one has kicked me out yet.
I want to encourage you all with a list of praises.
1) our wonderful church body has pooled money together for a caregiver for the 16 hours a week we need help. Like real help. We are SO thankful for the incredible generousity of our amazing church. God’s hands and feet have showered us so many times over with an abundance of love and grace, generousity. We don’t know how to thank everyone for the time and energy that has gone into meals, donating so generously to help in finding a capable woman to run the house when I am down. We met her today, and her name is Sarah. She is amazing. Basically the housewife we would all want to be. Efficient, sweet and does everything with a smile. She rocks.
2) I can walk! It’s ugly. Still. But each day I see more of what looks like a human walking instead of a gorilla, and I am encouraged. I made it from the car to my sons preschool without falling, Thank you Lord! I have total numbness in my left leg, foot and stomach, my right leg is patchy-so please keep praying! God is choosing to answer in His time.
3) My nuggets have been impeccably cared for by our wonderful loving parents, friends, and have had playdates with friends, all resulting in positive feedback and even at times, people invited them back. I know, my jaw dropped too. But friends, this is why we pray. My brood is a handful to anyone who really knows us. I am their mom and of course love them, but don’t think I don’t see the side eye from you have-it-all-together mama’s.
4) NO LEAKING!!!!!! Day 5, not one drop. There is an area of CSF accumulating on the top like before, but not as crazy. I find out the next step tomorrow at 2:15
5) Coming off the pain meds. It’s hard, but God is enabling me to do it. It’s terribly uncomfortable to withdraw off of them, but hopefully after tonight, we will be on the not having chills/ hot flashes road to normalcy. Currently, I am the person in a hoodie you don’t want to run into in a back alley. Not because I am a ninja. Because I am crazy uncomortable.
Thank you friends for faithfully praying. I have the immense blessing of knowing God hears our hearts, hopes, desires and needs.
Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.
So thankful to hear the updates! Praise our Great God. Will continue to pray.
Thank you Jaime! I so appreciate your prayers.
Dear Michelle! What a great update! Amazed that you can walk at all. Grateful to God for how far you have come. I know this is an unbelievable challenge. Continuing to pray for you and the family!
Thank you Debbie! Isn’t he a good God? So much to be thankful for.
Hi Michelle, It was a pure JOY seeing you the other day when you came and picked up Weston at Preschool. You truly made my day passing you in the hall…it was all God that I was walking that way at 11:30. I spent the rest of that day thanking Him!!!! After reading your newest post here… it now even brings more joy and encouragement to my heart seeing your list of Praises!!! Thank you for sharing these with us – You don’t know how great it is to see you up, even if for such a short period of time. I could go on and on – but just wanted you to know, I love you sister and Thank God for your life and love how you help us see how we all should NEVER take ( 1 ) day for granted while we are here on earth. Love you <3 <3 <3 Gail Carlson